Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Would a small amount of magic mushrooms without hallucinations,

Customer Question

would a small amount of magic mushrooms without hallucinations, cause lasting brain damage?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
When you say that there were no hallucinations, do you mean that the mushrooms did not cause any neurologic symptoms?
I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back.

If the amount of magic mushrooms had no neurologic symptoms, then there is no reason for concern about brain damage. There are several potential effects of magic mushrooms beyond hallucinations, but if no neurologic symptoms have occurred, there is no reason for concern about brain damage.

In reality, even if hallucinations were induced with a small amount of magic mushrooms, it would be unlikely to cause brain damage. The cases with significant adverse neurologic effects typically occur only with large amounts of the mushrooms.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.