Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I took testosterone a year ago 4 weeks in I took injection

Customer Question

I took testosterone a year ago 4 weeks in I took injection as normal went gym came back hour later went to pray in a religious place I sat down started to feel funny my heart started to race very very fast then felt like when you have hit over the head but no pain started to feel very faint like something popped in my body then just got home and from there felt shaky heavy heart beat feeling faint confused head pressure and brain numbness or brain freeze for whole year now I'm left feeling constant light headed brain freeze or numbness and pressure in head took mri nothing got blood work all organs checked thyroid pituary etc checked all OK I know missed something please help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Was the testosterone taken because of a documented low level of testosterone?
Has the testosterone level been recently checked?
If so, what was the level?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI the testosterone was taking just for bodybuilding purposes it was sustanon 250 and I was taking 3 injections a week 750mg which was in my glutes it also feels like my senses are also super sensative like if I smell like the smell of cannabis as my mates smoke around me before never used to effect me as I don't smoke but know if the smell will get to me so bad will make feel dizzy really bad etc , also light I went to restraunt as soon as I walked in they had some other lighting I started to feel weird dizzy and apart from this I have all other symptoms that I have explained

Thank you for the additional information.

If the testosterone was not taken for a low testosterone level, then there is no need to consider checking a testosterone level at this point.

WIth the symptoms that you describe, the next step would be a complete cardiovascular evaluation. There are many possible causes of these symptoms and it sounds like you have had a neurologic and metabolic evaluation, but do not describe any cardiovascular evaluation.

This evaluation should be an evaluation of the heart, such as with a stress test, echocardiogram, and an extended assessment of heart rhythm, such as a Holter monitor or an Event Recorder, as well as tests of changes in blood pressure and pulse with certain changes in position. This evaluation can partly be done during an office visit, but it may require a more thorough evaluation, called a tilt table test.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi yes i have done blood pressure test i think for 3 days wearing monitor , had a echo cardiogram on heart all came back normal

as i have said the first 4\5 months it felt if somebody was pulling a string in my head felt brain was highly electrified my heart was pounding i had vertigo just had to lay down and with this i did have panic attacks etc but

slowly the shaking feeling inside and vertigo has gone thank god and left with the brain freeze which starts in a spot center of top of my head with heavy head pressure and slight now and again dizziness after a whole year my doctor gave me a number of pills to try and the latest one which kind of helps is nortriptyline

If you also had a cardiovascular evaluation, then you have had an evaluation for each of the organ systems that can have a serious condition that can cause these symptoms.

At this point, if you are concerned that something may have been missed, the next step would be a consultation at a regional referral medical center.

However, once each organ system has been evaluated, the usual approach would be to use medicines to try to ease symptoms, and using nortriptyline would be fine if it is effective.