Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

Sudden warm feeling in thigh

Customer Question

I've had a strange feeling in my left thigh the past week. It is roughly the size of my palm, on the front of the thigh, going slightly inwards - always roughly the same area. It comes on several times a day and lasts a few seconds. It feels as though I´m spilling very warm liquid on my leg (the first few times I had to check!). The skin is not any warmer to the touch than anywhere else on my legs, not inflamed or red. It is just a strange uncomfortable feeling. I had this maybe a couple of times before more than a year ago, but only as one-off´s, when I was really run down. I am generally feeling very weak and exhausted at the moment, but I´m putting it down to stress/not enough sleep and CFS (that´s what I´ve been told by some doctors although others disagree...) which I have had for years - this of course comes with a whole myriad of symptoms that come and go, but today I any want to ask about the "hot" feeling on my thigh - what could it be, how can I relieve this uncomfortable feeling?

Hello - I posted this question almost 24 hours ago and although your website has continuously stated that "Neurologists are NOW online", no-one has looked at my question yet. Could you please advise. Thank you.

Category: Neurology