DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Doctor. I am speaking partner. than

Customer Question

Hello Doctor. I am speaking for my partner. For more than a year now, he has been suffering from balance, having falls (5 so far)  and dizziness. He cannot communicate properly as he cannot put his thoughts into the right words. I have to finish or supply the words he wanted to say if I can.  But he is getting limited with his dictionary. Had MRI, EEG and ECG/ cardiac investigation but nothing has shown any abnormality as far as I know. He is slow in thinking and a little not in control of his speech.  About 2 years ago, he had a colonoscopy procedure.   A year ago in  August 2014, his dad hanged himself and the patient found and retrieved the deceased' body.   He is also diabetic type2 (not on insulin but just on glicazide 80mg (2x day) tablet.   His blood sugar level showed satisfactorily normal.    There is no diagnosis as to his neurological condition.   Please help.

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloWe do not diagnose or treat on the site, but I can give you the possibilities.Severe depression will do this.Dementia will do this.Neither will show findings on his testing.B12 deficiency, that needs to be ruled out as well. Blood tests can to this.Thyroid disease: blood test. If all blood tests are normal, he needs psychiatric assessment. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.