Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience
23744323

My girlfriend experienced (is experiencing a headache

Customer Question

Hi - my girlfriend experienced (is experiencing a headache that has only occurred one other time (circa 3 months ago). The headache both times got gradually worse during the day and she also experiences dizziness and the pain is worse when moving. Both times she has found it very hard to move when the pain is most severe and just sat down in the spot she was standing. Paracetamol seems to improve the symptoms as does head massage. Any ideas ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced specialist.This is likely tension headache since it lasts several hours, worsens with head movement.Paracetamol has anti inflammatory properties and will help in this case.This is not likely any brain tumor related as there is no seizure activities, or any black outs.Also there is no facial weakness, vision loss.Do not worry about anything serious.Ibuprofen also can be tried successfully.Best wishes,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - she has had some tingling in her hands and a bout of dizziness that also included some blurred vision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also this is the worst headache she has ever had (apart from the occasion 3 months ago)
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Since the headache improved with paracetamol, any bleeding is unlikely.

Still, she should see her doctor as well for a clinical evaluation.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/