Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

As of Feb my contract at work is to change, I am feeling

Customer Question

As of Feb my contract at work is to change, I am feeling very insecure, I have put my house on the market, I can no longer focus on my job, feeling tearful and generally unhappy.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.Welcome to the site.I am sorry to learn about your condition and I empathise with you.From your complaints it seems like you have been struggling with anxiety along with dysphoric mood as a result of your job change. You see the symptoms usually subside with elapsing time but if these symptoms have stayed persistent or have increased in intensity then it is a matter of concern and therefore you should seek prescription of an anti depressant medication such as escitalopram at dose of 10 mg with or without an anti anxiety drug like clonazepam at dose of .25 to 0.5 mg on prn basis that is as and when required basis at times of overwhelming anxiety. This combination of 2 medications shall be able to counter these symptoms, so that you can continue performing at all levels as you used to do earlier.If you are overly sensitive towards use of medications, then as an alternative you may seek specialised counseling called as CBT from a clinical psychologist who shall hel you tolearn coping skills to manage your ppresent predicament of stress and anxiety. I hope this helps and gives you a sense of direction to move in.Well i will conclude by saying that stresses like the present situation will occur every now and then in one's life but what really matters is to fight such challenges and if necessary use whatever help available to prevent oneself from succumbing to such pressures. I hope this makes sense.Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.Regards