Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have suffered with sciatica years now on and off,

Customer Question

I have suffered with sciatica for 10 years now on and off, my GP suggests that surgery will not be an option until the issue is a lot worse, the problem is located with in the S2 section of vertebrae in my lower back, I've tried medication and other things but they are just a temporary fix, i am looking for a long term solution for this issue.
can you advise please?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
HelloI amCustomerand I would be assisting you with your concerns.I am afraid that due to some reason the question was not available to me for answering.It has now been posted in my question list and I am going to help you out.If surgery is not an option you should consider epidural steroid injections which can give you good pain relief.You will need to see a pain management specialist for these injections.