Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Lack of balance. Numbness in my legs? Had burning pain up left leg, ac

Customer Question

Lack of balance. Numbness in my legs? Had burning pain up left leg, across lower back and down right leg.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long are you having this problem?Do you have any other medical issues?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?If you wish to talk to me on the phone to discuss your problem in great detail accept the premium service offer i.e. the phone call offer. If not, we can continue on here.Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm type 2 diabetic for8 years. On glucophage 1000mg, tragenta and asperin. Severe burning pains first appeared 2years ago and lasted about 6 weeks. Pains returned last November (not as severe) but accompanied by numbness in both legs and lack of balance.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.With the symptoms that you are having, you are most likely having diabetic neuropathy.To help with your symptoms you will require nerve pain medications like duloxetine or pregabalin or gabapentin.I would recommend that you be seen for this and be put on one of the medications (duloxetine is the one that is the most commonly used) to help with your symptoms.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards