Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

My name is***** am 41 years old. Im a tutor

Hello my name is***** am 41 years old. Im a tutor and work once a week. I'm very concerened with the following symptoms ive been and still suffering from..for the past 3 and a half weeks.
It started at night suddenly a headache and shivering with flu symptoms. The nxt day I was ok..there was no shivering but my headaches kept on persisting: continuous lightheadedness and dizziness with temperature. I eventually went to see my GP on a Friday with my symptoms- she sed I have Vertigo. She gave me some tablets..(alongside 2wks of antibiotics- for a cyst i had near the lips of my vagina). I didnt get (the vertigo tablets) till Tuesday. By then all my symptoms went..i asked the pharmacist for advice he sed 'if u feel it's gone, then it's upto u'. Therefore I didn't take the tablets. Straight after five days...all the above symptoms came rushing back in a worser form. My eye sight has gone worse suddenly (went to opticians). I've got a sore and bitter taste on my tongue...continuous heat and pressure on top/behind my head with stuffy nose and on and off pain with a lighthead, dizzy and ringing noise in my ear...and feel nauseas on and off with flu again.
I'm getting really worried as I'm not recovering..always ill. When I go out its like things spin around and feel I'm going to fall when I'm walking. I'm scared is it a tumour- or MS- Depression - My radiator that stays on all the time near my bed...shouldnt think like this...but need reassurance.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I was wondering have you managed to review my concerns...Salina Malik.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Salina. Your symptoms are non-specific, meaning that any one of several different conditions could be responsible. Did your GP do any blood tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, no she hasn't done any blood tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr. Bob, no my GP hasn't done any blood tests. What tests would you recommend?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
If you were in excellent health before this started, it is less likely to be something systemic or chronic and more likely to be the residual effects of a viral syndrome of some sort. That said, since your symptoms are persistent, it would make sense to do a general check of your blood, including a CBC, P-7, TSH, LFTs, CRP and whatever other tests your exam suggested could be relevant. This would let you know if there was anemia, low thyroid, an electrolyte disturbance or kidney issue, liver issues or an inflammatory condition. The results would guide you as to whether any follow up testing would be necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much Dr. Bob, for your response. I will make an appointment soon and ask for the following.
I'm just worried that these symptoms that i'm suffering/feeling isn't an indication of something serious. I just needed some reassurance...as in between I've had cupping/acupuncture done due to this sudden thing that is happening to me.
Is it possible that I can stay in touch with you ... just incase i'm not satisfied with my GP's response.
OR once i'm offline, do I need to go through the same procedure. Thankyou.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
You can provide a rating now and then return to the thread later as needed. You can also post a new question later and request me by name. Hope this helps. :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou again.