Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am having an important question to ask. I have been

Customer Question

Hi I am having an important question to ask. I have been having muscle stiffness since end of November 2015 . I first though I had joint problems and was tested for rheumatoid arthritis.fortunately the tests turned negative and the joint selling stopped. Now however I started to notice and understand my symptoms more clearly.It all started with my knee pain after the gym. When I stopped the gym the issue spread to my hands and neck. A few months later i started having muscle weakness and twitching in my legs. I got tested for electrolytes, magnesium abd everuthing turned normal.in the last two weeks I started having random painful muscle cramos in my legs. My physiotherapist gave me exercises to relieve the pain and stiffness in my body.howevrt my doctors haven't noticed anything too serious as of now regarding my symptoms except the muscle contractions. What's is your piece of advice doctor ?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If you wish to talk to me over the phone please accept the premium services offer for a phone call so that we can have a detailed discusson on your problem.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor is the telephone call offer refundable?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes if you are not satisfied everything is refundable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor we can have a conversation regarding the issue here instead
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure.Can you please let me know if you have had your vitamin D levels checked?Cortisol levels checked?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor I'm mostly sure my doctor tested me for those but I will double check with him tomorrow. Because my doctor said my thyroid levels and electrolytes are normal.Doctor the last few days I also started getting a continous fever with coughing and chest pain . It feels like there is food stuck in my mouth and congestion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I keep getting painful muscle cramps in my legs when I given them a slight stretch.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you could send me all your reports so that I can have a look at them.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor I asked my GP today if they have done a Vitamin D test and a coristrol test. They said they didnt do those tests for me. I asked them to print my blood results. I found out they just printed off my RBC blood test. Thats the only document I have at the moment.They also said that I didnt need a coristrol test because I am quite young and skinny to have that test carried out
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I think that you should have your vitamin D and cortisol levels done as a low levels of these can cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.Also, I would recommend that you should keep yourself well-hydrated by drinking electrolyte rich fluids such as gatorade or pedialyte as that may also help with your symptoms.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure Doctor. I will ask my doctor next week if he can carry out Vitamin D and coristrol blood tests.And doctor, if things dont work out do you recommend to be referred to the neurologist?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Other than twitching there is nothing else to suggest that you would benefit from a neurologist consult.I think that a consultation with a rheumatologist may be worth it if you have not had one already.I would appreciate it if you rate me.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah thanks. I actually have an appointment with a rheumatologist in a months time.
Last of all doctor how about magnesium deficiency? Can it be a cause?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes that too can be a cause.I would also recommend having calcium and magnesium supplements which are over-the-counter to see if that helps.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help doctor. Im taking magnesium supplements these days but my calcium levels are perfect since I take a lot of milk and dairy products.That is all the help I need for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor. The past few days my hands became very stiff and it starts slightly shaking when I extend them or when using the computer whilst typing. Any advice doctor?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I would appreciate it if you could accept the premium offer for more question/answer time.Thank you.