DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had an ep study and ablation done in January 8 2016. I

Customer Question

Hello I had an ep study and ablation for svt done in January 8 2016. I was feeling great for about a monto and a half until recently about 3 weeks ago I first started waking up to what felt like my body was vibrating it only happened a couple nights and has subsided now however about 2 weeks ago I woke up with muscle weekness almost like I did a workoUT, not sore just felt week. Couple days later it moved up too both arms the weakness and started getting faciculations just recently. I can see them through the skin so I don't think their fibrillation. My legs are no longer week feeling anymore. But my arms are still slightly weAK and twitches all over when I'm resting but not a lot of twitching to be bothered by it. What could this be? At first I thought als but from what I have read I don't know anymore. And also someone had said it could be my body still recovering. Would like to mention my family doctor did all the basic neurology test finger to nose and his finger really fast, walke
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Walked one foot after the other, did squats, and strength test all of which doctor said were great. I have strength in the gym as well and did blood work for creatinine, cbc, thyroid also all normal levels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this be onset of als? And if not could this be because my svt ablation 2 months ago? I never had these symptoms before the ablation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the body vibrations were internal, couldn't see it out of the body
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt is most likely stress and benign fasiculations.ALS does not onset this abruptly.If you are concerned, your doctor can order an EMG/NCS to see if your nerves are OK and help rule out ALS OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.