Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've been given sumatriptan hemiplegic

I've been given sumatriptan for possible hemiplegic migraines. I have just taken one for the first time ever and I feel dizzy, light headed, sick, breathless and my ears are ringing. Is this normal?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know what dose you took?Are you on any other medications for anything?Do you have any other medical problems?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50mgI have antiphosphilid syndrome
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
These certainly are side effects of the medication.You should mention these side effects to your doctor and try not taking this medication in the future or try taking a lower dose i.e. 25 mg.But if I were your doctor I would prescribe something else next time as you are not tolerating this pill.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating, by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end, when you are done asking.Kindest regards