How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5431
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

I have just been diagnosed with cerebellar degeneration. I

Resolved Question:

I have just been diagnosed with cerebellar degeneration. I have been on psychotrophic medication since 1967,(when I had my first nervous breakdown after sharing a flat with a man who I later found out was abusing narcotics). Please will you advise me what to do, and where I should go to get the very best treatment available. I have a psychogenic tremor, bouts of balance problems, occasional anxiety because I know the prognosis, and I have to use a walking stick. I am also on Propranalol. I am a retired G.P. living near Cork, and would do anything to find a 'cure'. Can you help me please, with either orthodox or alternative medicine, or both.? I do not smoke or drink alcohol or caffeine beverages.Otherwise, I am in excellent health.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
I think a good place to start is to look at clinical trials that have been completed or are underway. You can look at the results, contact the principal investigators, and/or visit the institutions in which they were done to get specialized care. I can provide you with a link to such trials if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to a host of clinical studies involving cerebellar degeneration that have recently been completed or are currently underway. Check out the principal investigator and call his hospital for an evaluation.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have any follow up questions, Peter.Best wishes.
Dr. Bob and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you