Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had a benign brain tumor when i was 12 witch was

Customer Question

Hi, i had a benign brain tumor when i was 12 witch was removed so 13 years ago, but the past few days around where my scar is it is tender but not the scar itself, on the scar it feels a bit bumpy under the skin witch i think is just some scar tissue but by the scar like 1 or 2cm across but around that area if you know what i mean, is a bit lumpy in general thats where it's tender. like if i lean my head back agiainst my bed board for example i feel a sensation as like the one you feel when something is tender and it was not like that the other day. so just wondering why this new development has come :/ and just to say again it was not like this a few days ago, it's just all of a sudden become a bit tender around that area.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
No this is not.This is just nerve damage from the surgeryYou wouldn't be able to feel a tumor outside of your skull
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was not tender a few days ago though.. so why has it become like this 13 years after surgery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also when i mean tender it's not a tenderness witch hurts it doesn't cause pain, it's just a tenderness feeling their
It could be a cyst forming in that area. benign as well
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate itIf you have more questions, just reply :)