Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Past 4 weeks I've had a dull ache and tension in my

For the past 4 weeks I've had a dull ache and tension in my neck and shoulders... I finally managed to release a few knots but I'm not left with a very strong burning itch directly over my spine with a slight nerve ache in each shoulder... Is this still muscular or should I be worried I may have damage to my spine? And if so, is it safe to carry on as normal?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It could be a muscular pain and there is a possibility of it being a nerve pain.The best way to rule out a pinched nerve as the cause of your pain would be to do a MRI of your neck to have a look at the nerves and to make sure they are not pinched.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards