Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I trapped my sciatic nerve a year ago but i still have

Customer Question

I trapped my sciatic nerve a year ago but i still have numbness on my 2 to 3 toes adjacent to my big toe and feel like i have a wadding at the junction where they join the main body of my foot which is changing gait and causing knee problems. The top of my foot is also partly numb. My physio said i should see a neurologist re this and a nerve test
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jonathon. You should ask your doctor to order nerve conduction tests (i.e. NCV/EMG). This is the best way to determine if there is nerve damage and, if so, where it is coming from and how severe it is. Keep in mind that peripheral nerves can repair and regenerate quite well, if the cause is identified and addressed before the nerve dies. Get prompt attention to this. The test will be your guide as to what to do next.