How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5431
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

A family member of mine past 2 months has had quite servere

Resolved Question:

hi ... a family member of mine for the past 2 months has had quite servere balance issues suffers confusion and sometimes slurs his words ...had a brain scan for stroke and that came back clear...was then sent to ear nose and throat but it seems the doctor now wants him to see a neurologist ....thinking of going private what tests would you recommend or any idea what problem could be...thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you get complete blood tests including CBC, P-7, TSH, LFTs, B12, folate, CRP, and an MRI as it is more sensitive than CT for small strokes.

Dr. Bob and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you