Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

I am currently on 150MG of lyrica for chronic temple burning

Customer Question

Hi Doctors, I am currently on 150MG of lyrica for chronic temple burning pain, i have been on this for 6 months or so, recently ive noticed a slight tightening of my chest intermittedly and slight laboured breathing even though i am a fit 41 yr old. my resting heart rate is 52. i am thinking this could be a side affect of the lyrica ?? at the moment i only have 150mg tablets if i reduced it to 75mg (until i get the correct dosage tablets) could i just cut the tablet in half as a short term solution ??
cheers mark
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Stroke Doc replied 1 year ago.

Chest pain and chest tightness are very rare side effects of Lyrica (and likely not related). Before you blame Lyrica, you should discuss this with your doctor, as it could be an indication of another issue (even if you otherwise seems healthy). As for cutting your Lyrica in half, Lyrica only comes in capsular form; and as such, you cannot safely cut it in half.