Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm 27 years of age. For the past ten years I've suffered

Customer Question

Hi, my names cain and I'm 27 years of age. For the past ten years I've suffered with severe lower back pain. Eight of those years I've had erectile dysfunction and for the past couple of years I've had chronic, constant and severe numbness, pins and needles and shooting pains throughout my hands, legs, fingers, toes and even genital area. Over the years I've had xrays and scans which showed a (slight boldging disc) and have even seen various specialist who keep passing me on and telling me that I'm to young to have back problems and basically its all in my mind. Without sounding disrespectful to any of the above, i know all of this radiate from the disc trouble which i have been told is not the corse. The pain i live with on a daily basis is beyond words and has became that bad it has ruined my life! I'd really appreciate it if you could possibly give me some advice as i just don't know what to do. Much appreciated, Cain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
Hello Cain,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

this is Dr. David

xrays are not good enough to look at your disks and spine and nerves

you need a total spine MRI scan with contrast to look at areas of slipped disk and pinched nerves in your pack

all of your nerves in your spinal cord run through your spinal canal

a slipped disk or spinal stenosis can put severe pressure on your nerves and could be causing your lower back pain and ED and shooting pains into your legs and hands.

you need an MRI scan

let me know if you have questions.