DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My wife is 40 years old and it has been diagnosed with Lupus

Customer Question

My wife is 40 years old and it has been diagnosed with Lupus SLE, I'm concerned that she it's getting worse, before now he really couldn't tell that she was sick at all, but now she is complaining of agonising pains in her arms, I do not know anything about her disease, and I am frightened when are you try to research it online, as they always say that it is a Terminal disease, but they never say Life expectancy. I'm frightened as I'm disabled myself due to a car accident, and cannot help my wife physically, I would like someone to explain to me, the realistic dangers of this disease. Thank you
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Since how long she has SLE ?

What are her current medications ?

Has she developed any complication of lupus like kidney or brain involvement ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She has been diagnosed for the last 10 years SLE, how Current medication, is some kind of, trans plant rejection tablet, I'm unsure of the name. She's developing loss of power in her arms and I think memory loss
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she can't sleep she have ridiculous times in the morning 6 o'clock in the morning 5 o'clock in the morning when she starts housework and cooking, she says this takes the
mind of the pain

Has she visited any neurologist or an MRI brain done as well ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi she visited any neurologist about 8yrs ago but she stop taking all meds
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 8 months ago.

Considering her symptoms she should be seen by a neurologist again. In her current situation a possibility of Neuropsychiatric lupus should be considered as well. An MRI should be done as well to find out any lupus related problem

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating