Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I had a minor head injury 5 months ago and am still

Customer Question

I had a minor head injury 5 months ago and am still experiencing burning down both arms and hands and neck and back. I wonder if there is some damage or if it is sensitised nerves. I had an mri of head and neck and this was normal.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a lot of anxiety since my accident and wonder if it is this causing it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 months ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, you see MRI scan is a very effective investigation to rule out any sort of internal haemorrhage or bleed or any hematoma or any other pathology that could have developed as a result of head injury. But since MRI Scan has come out to be normal so I do not think you need to worry about anything. But , yes it does seem like the head injury has given you some sort of shock and jolted you from inside and caused you to develop anxiety and stress. So, I suggest that for your relief of symptoms which seem to have originated from underlying anxiety pertaining to injury , you shall ask your doctor to start you on an anti anxiety medication such as lexapro at dose of 10 mg per day for few weeks and along with this for your burning sensation that you feel in your limbs another drug called as Lyrica ( pregabalin ) at dose of 75 - 150 mg along with methylcobalamin which is a vitamin for nerves shall be taken at night for 1 month.
So to summarise I assure you that there is no problem with your brain, it is completely normal.
However there is an element of anxiety which is causing you these symptoms and for that I havd recommended the above medications which will take care of your symptoms effectively.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.