Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

I have diabetic/alcoholic peripheral neuropathy. After

Customer Question

I have diabetic/alcoholic peripheral neuropathy. After alcohol abuse (late Sept - yesterday - briefly peaking at 4 bottles of wine a day, now down to zero), I find that if I look at a white surface I see an irregular green or red honeycomb pattern. I take metformin, irbesartin, gabapentin and quinine for the diabetes and neuropathy, dosulepine for anxiety depression, and quetiapine for sleep. In the past it has disappeared with no alcohol. Is this a known condition and what is causing it? Many thanks, Peter
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I think I helped you before.

you need to have your eyes examined by an eye doctor.

history of diabetes can cause diabetic neuropathy damage to the nerves to your eyes.

this most likely is what is causing your vision problems.