Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

I have had problems with my balance for over a year now! i

Customer Question

hi i have had problems with my balance for over a year now! i started hrt as well !! i don't feel like i am going too fall over or faint ! i am bit unsteady and feel like a bit motion in head !! i get a feeling of fullness in one of my ears and its worse after being in a car !!! or after going up and down a hill!! i have been too a ent clinic that did a hearing test that was fine! and put pressure in my ear ! they said it didn't show a blockage!! have had a few steroid nasal sprays over the year !they haven't helped ! so i have went back too my own gp and have started taking 8mg serc balance tablets 3 times a day again ! the ent didn't help !!! any advice ! could it be my hrt? the doctors don't think so !i don't take any more medications or smoke and i am reasonable healthy!
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: hi over a year! it all started with a sinus infection a yer ago i had antibiotics for!! that seems fine now! i still get a bit of crackling and popping in nose but no cold the now or recently in the last few months
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this balance issue

how old are you?

have you had an MRI scan of your brain?

do you drink enough fluids during the day? dehydration can cause some dizziness.