Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a balance problem caused by a blood supply to the

Customer Question

I have a balance problem caused by a blood supply to the back off my brain, my specialist says nothing can be done, or do you know something he does not,
thank you A Sell
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you ever had any heart problems?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

The specialist is correct that nothing can be done to correct the damage done by strokes, even minor strokes. There is some rehabilitation that can be performed, but it is primarily used for inner ear problems and typically does not help stroke.

Physical and Occupational Therapy can help to teach people how to best manage with the balance problem, but it does not eliminate the balance problem.

I ask about heart problems because some people with poor pumping action of the heart will make blood supply problems to the brain worse, so treating the heart disease may help. But since you have not had any heart problems, that would not be an option.

So, the best that can be done would be some therapy to best manage with the balance problem, but nothing will correct the balance problem that is due to strokes.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.