wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

For the past 6 months I have been suffering from severe

Customer Question

For the past 6 months I have been suffering from severe chills mostly during the night which give me insomnia. I wake up at 3-4am chilled to the bone it is painful. Feels like ice veins. I also suffer from bradycardia at night resting heart rate 48bpm.All my blood tests are normal. My white bloods are always in the lower end of normal but sometimes my neutrophils are lower than normal. I've had immunoglobulin tested and this is normal. Vit b 12, 10, vit d all normal. ECG, echo and holter normal despite bradycardia. My zinc are low.This has severely impacted my health due to little sleep. As my tests are normal I get no help. What can cause severe chills no fever. My body temp is always 35-5 to 36.3. My thyroid normal too
Category: Neurology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Over the last 2-3 years I've been picking up infections. Gum, sinus and ear mostly. I then started getting fatigue, tinnitus, chest palpitations, weak aching heavy legs. The doctor suspected chronic fatigue syndrome. I used to be semi professional athlete but now I can't do much in terms of exercise. I have been on so many antibiotics for infection each time I take antibiotic I feel worse then better. I'm only on some supplements Q10, Multivitamin and mineral, Probiotics, sometimes I take artimisia herb and ginseng but not often. The chills never used to wake me but last few months the chills are enough to wake me up and are painful. A bath helps for short time but at 3am bath not ideal. I'm currently on no medication. My bloods are normal, ecg holter normal, my immunoglobulin normal. Low neutrophil and a increase only. Abnormal result. Doc said of no concern. I've basically been left to rot wiyh these symptoms
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the the UK and Great Britten and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry just to note I was a bitten by a tick couple years ago with em rash and I tested negative for lyme. They treated with two weeks doxycycline. I'm now reading this coukd be chronic lyme disease as testing nor accurate?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

While the test for lymes is not that accurate, and two weeks of doxycycline is below the recommended course of therapy (21 days) what you have posted does not seem like lymes.

That being said, if you are concerned then a consultation with an infectious disease specialist along with advanced testing such as a lumbar puncture, might be able to uncover any heretofore missed condition.

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've had three weeks doxycycline since the lyme for another infection so that will chest it supposedly. I'm reading a lot on lyme and how complex disease it is and how it can survive standard antibiotic. I will need to find lyme doctor. My symptoms match those of lyme disease symptoms. Thus must be the reason for sever chills, bradycardia and with my previous Highlands forest exposure it must be likely
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

That sounds like a good plan.

Dr. Rick MD FACS