Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just had a 0.5T upright cervical scan. Would I be

I have just had a 0.5T upright cervical scan. Would I be right in thinking the vague white dot/line adjacent to the bulge c5/c6 is signal change? I have had problems with balance and difficulty walking and all the other myelopathy symptoms, is this compression the likely cause? Could it be worse with certain movements, I get severe pain when lifting my head up and back. I also get tingling in my feet and hands. At one point I couldn't walk more than 20m, but it got better and is fine now as long as I avoid any heavy lifting.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Yes it is most likely signal change and all of your symptoms are related to cervical compression of nerves and these symptoms aggravate while lifting heavy objects increasing further strain on cervical spine. I would recommend you to followup with your doctor for further management. Physiotherapy can be of great help as well as steroid shot.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just added the scans so you can see. Radiologist report said no compression, I think they are wrong, do you agree? Axial image is a slice taken just below the c5/c6 disc is there disc material between the bone and the cord? It seems to be to me! Also is there signal change in the cord in the thoracic and compression by the bulging disc?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just added the scans so you can see have you looked at them. Radiologist report said no compression, I think they are wrong, do you agree? Axial image is a slice taken just below the c5/c6 disc is there disc material between the bone and the cord? It seems to be to me! Also is there signal change in the cord in the thoracic and compression by the bulging disc?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Can you please attach the images here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a .doc word file is that OK?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

There seems to be small compression in cervico thoracic junction area and it is very mild otherwise there is no big issue in it. I would recommend to followup with your doctor to correlate scan with physical examination.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.