DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My daughter has had a seizure today she is 14, I thought it

Customer Question

My daughter has had a seizure today she is 14, I thought it was a heart attack as she had shaking but went totally blue. She is very fit as she plays sport at a very high level. She was playing Xbox game for about 90mins when she was found on the floor. She was foaming at the mouth and then started shaking. I put her on her side but her full face went blue and vains started showing on her face with no sign of breathing. I started chest compressions then after about 2 mIns after she turned blue she started getting colour back but she didn't know who I was when she came round. She was taken to hospital when the ambulance arrived. 4-6 weeks for scan but the doctor recons that it wasn't a heart attack. I do believe that if she wasn't found in time she may not have survived. Can you advise more please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Well the scenario you mentioned most probably suggest an episode of convulsion or fits.

It doesn't seems like a heart attack to me considering her age, and no other risk factors for a heart disease

I would suggest that she should have an EEG, CT scan and MRI of the brain initially

She should have a metabolic screen as well like test for blood glucose, electrolytes and calcium etc

As this is her first episode so it is not a right time to say whether she has epilepsy or not but if it happens again a possibility of epilepsy must be considered

For now she only require further investigations to confirm or refute a diagnosis

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied that you have received an excellent response

If satisfied please take a while to rate my service

Please do ask if you have any more query

Regard