Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter was diagnosed today as having a viral infection

Customer Question

My daughter was diagnosed today as having a viral infection she was given 2 ltrs of fluid. She is also has epilepsy. Can not stop vomiting and is still nauseous should I be worried.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Since she is losing too much fluid and can not take orally, it is better to take her to the ER for IV hydration and IV drugs to control vomiting as dehydration is concerning in patients who can not retain anything and vomiting continously. Try to give her gatorade and ginger and peppermint tea.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!