Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

i am not sure if this is the right section for asking this

Customer Question

i am not sure if this is the right section for asking this question but please advise me what kind of doctor i would need. My sons friend is staying with us in england.He is american
and keeps asking us to take him to get over the counter meds for helping him to sleep. He says he has been suffering from insomnia all his life [ throughout childhood]. He finds it very difficult to sleep at night and tosses and turns until the early hours of morning.On average it takes him 4 hours to sleep after going to bed. He is 21 years old.
Category: Neuropathy
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The best doctor, if you can find one in your area, would be a sleep medicine specialist.
So I would strongly recommend that he consult a sleep medicine doctor if possible.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He lives in arizona usa and does not have health insurance because he is a student and its very expensive to get insurance there. so searching for a sleep specialist would not be a way he could proceed. can you suggest a reading resource or over counter meds maybe?