Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

About 3 months ago I had a virus and not long after

Customer Question

Hi. About 3 months ago I had a virus and not long after started to have parathesia. Tingling in feet and hands. I then started to have leg pains which then led to arm pain. I had blood work done and all was fine. The parathesia stopped but leg and arm pain continued. I saw an Osteopath and they seem to ease the pain. About a week ago I started to have tingling in feet again and lots of weird sensory sensations. Burning skin, electric shocks, pain in face. I had more blood work done and again all fine. I have a family history of ms. I am waiting for an mri and my doc says they can do nothing more for me as I need to see a specialist. The pain is getting me down as it's so persistent everywhere. I am very stressed and tired. Does this sound like ms?
Category: Neuropathy
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidwith your family history of MS, you could have MS.who in your family has MS?how old are you?are you male or female?you need to see a neurologist to get a brain and spine MRI scan and you need a spinal tap to see if you might have MSwhen is your appointment with neurology?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cousin has ms and another cousin and her child. I am female and 42. I have a mri booked in 2 weeks and then to see a neurologist. Can it come on this quick and is it anything else it could be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
sometimes after viral infections it could be a post viral syndrome.it could be from a pinched nerve in your neck possibly.the MRI scan of the spine and neurology consult can helplet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I do have cervical spondylitis and also problems with back which is why I am having a four part scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had double vision a month ago and went to see the optician and my eyes were in good health.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, a total spine MRI scan is a good idea.a pinched nerve or spinal stenosis could be causing your symptoms.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com