DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Neuropathy Expert
55099014

My mother is aged 94 and has late-stage Alzheimer’s. She is

My mother is aged 94 and has late-stage Alzheimer’s. She is confined to bed and receives 24 hour care from care providers in the family home. Over the last few weeks she has been very disturbed at night, calling out loudly in a constant repetitive manner and moving her legs in a very energetic way which eventually exhausts her. I would like advice as to what medication should be prescribed to minimise these aspects. My mother is Type 2 diabetic and is on insulin injections.
Category: Neuropathy
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I would use seroquel for this

It works great for the night time issues associated with Alzheimer's disease

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Neuropathy Expert