Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

hi can you help my nisssan interstar starts and you can rev

Customer Question

hi can you help my nisssan interstar starts and you can rev it up but it has like a diesel knock. has it gets worm it cuts out the engine management light comes on but it starts up again and only runs a few minuts the water and oil are ok its a 2.484cc diesel thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats ok you can continu i dont mind waiting thank you

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No its ok but i could do with a reply shortly please continue

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for using Justanswer.

Sorry you have been waiting so long.

I have two questions for you, do you know what code you have from the engine management light?

Does the engine only knock loudly upon acceleration?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry no i donot have the code and the engine knocks on tickover and acceleration if you hold the diesel spill/return pipe from the injectors you can feel like a stong pulse in the rubber hose and it cuts out has it gets worm rating 5 thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
The code would certainly be helpful, but we can try to work around it.

Thanks for the additional information.

How many miles are on the car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry the van is in spain i fly back out sat so try get you some more info thanks

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Excellent, talk to you soon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for your help we have repaired the van number two injector was the problem

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Excellent, that's where the code would have bee so helpful.

Most likely you would have had a p0302 which would indicate a cylinder two misfire. You then could check the resistance across the injector to see if it was within specifications.

If you ever need help in the future, just let us know. Thanks