Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician
21364095

my electric windows and sunroof in a nissan terrano are not

Customer Question

my electric windows and sunroof in a nissan terrano are not working any help please
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will continue to wait thanks

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Doug C. replied 4 years ago.

The sunroof and the windows are fused together, so for both to fail it is most likely going to be a fuse fault.

There is a fuse panel in the instrument panel, if you are left hand drive it will be below and to the left of the steering wheel. If you are right hand drive, it could either be below the wheel or behind the glove box, depending on if you have a dedicated RHD chassis or a shared chassis (this happens when the same factory makes left and right hand drive units).

In the in dash fuse panel you will want to inspect fuses 11 (7.5A) and 24 (7.5A).
If both are OK, you will then want to inspect fusible link 1 which is the 40A link (large windowed fuse) located in the fuse panel under the bonnet. This one can look OK but be blown; it is best to either remove it and continuity test it or pop the lens off the top and probe either side of the link to verify power if you can not tell the condition visually.

If all three are OK, then we would consider a problem with your body control (Smart Entrance) module... this is highly unlikely though since all windows and sunroof stopped together, it is highly unlikely to be anything other than a fuse.

If all t