Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

ra - es

Customer Question

My 2007 Navara wont start! Sometimes its ok, never a bother when warm, but if I leave it overnight it fires first turn then just dies and takes ages of cranking to get it going.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this...

Please tell me exactly what tests / checks etc you have had done so far for this issue...

Too - what is its mileage ?

What is its service /recent repair history?

Rgds, MIKE..............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

I tried disconnecting the battery as it seems like an electrical issue, made no difference, the car runs fine all of the time but when it wont start, which is getting more frequent, it also seems to tick over at lower revs.

Also tried squeezing the priming bulb but makes no difference.

May be un related but sometimes the cruise control fluctuates a bit too where normaly it sits rock solid at what ever speed you set.

The car has done 60K and was last serviced at 56K, the fuel filter etc where all changed then. It had no problems at all for the first 3k after the service. I'm unsure of the service history before I owned it at 56K.

Fuel comsumption and power are ok too, its never gone into limp mode like some of the older models did and there are no lights on the dash indicating a fault.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I've not heard anything yet, any clues?

It starts first time most of the time and runs ok, just more and more frequently it doesn't want to start.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Chris -

My apologies - IM afraid I have had to be off for a time due to illness - Im sorry about the delay -

Ok - so that I can check this in more depth for you Chris - please give me its Full reg number...

Rgds - MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

Its EY57PHK

Chris

I'm away for a couple of days now so no rush.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Chris -

Thank you for that -

In case I catch you before you go - can you just tell me - when you say you squeezed the primer bulb and that made no difference.... was the bulb / is the bulb hard...or soft when you come to do that ?

Rgds - MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

The bulb looks quite new but the plastic/rubber feels quite stiff when you squeeze it.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Any thoughts yet?

Chris