Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I was driving my nissian navara tekna up to the lakes at the

Customer Question

I was driving my nissian navara tekna up to the lakes at the weekend and noticed no matter how much I had the air con on it wasn't clearing up the drivers side windscreen or frint window, it got that bad I couldn't see into the wingmirror to change lanes,
the passenger side wasn't as bad but still I little misty,
there was a slight smell of a smoke or pong quite difficult to describe, which ended up coming through the vents for about 10 sec,
I pulled over and found nothing out of place not a sign of a leak or drip in the engine or under the car
the performance wasn't affected either drove like normal, ive searched I few sites on the net, who suggest is the footwell wet or leaking in the seals no of these are! im stuck now as to what to do? the pickup in question is only an 11 plate and has just done 150000 miles nothing for a car like that!!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.

When the Aircon was on, did you have it on full Cold or Warm/Hot .

Greg