Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Am trying to get radio code for a second hand Note I bought

Customer Question

Am trying to get radio code for a second hand Note I bought in 2008. Have phoned Nissan in Hanwell who have said that it has not been registered. Code was not in the paperwork.
Am reluctant to pay £50 to have the radio removed to get the seriel number when I did not get the code when I bought the car
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE..

This is most irregular - for the car systems not be registered -

May I suggest at this point as you have all the vehicle details -- try another dealer..and ideally --- and this really is best - contact the "supplying dealer" if you can - Mill Hill if that was the one - and ask them....

Again - this is very unusual - you need to do as above .... and then let me know what transpires --

Kind Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mike
The car was originally bought from Nissan in Ruislip. I phoned them this morning and they said the same thing - not registered - cannot understand it.

Have just noticed the car is 2006 (I bought it in 2008) but do not think that makes any difference. Looks as if I will have to pay to have the radio taken out.

Gina