Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2003 1.5 Almera petrol overfuelling

Customer Question

I have a 2003 1.5 Petrol Almera which is getting way too much fuel, (fouling plugs) and not starting. Is there a fuel pressure regulator? I can`t see one or do you have any other suggestions as to cause?

Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg, the car is not running, no warning lights prior to this. When the plugs are cleaned and heated, 1st turn of key, it attempts to fire but floods with fuel straight away and will not start. Injectors are pulsing. have looked for a fuel pressure regulator but nothing on the fuel rail. Barrie

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Barrie when you try to start and you notice that its flooded then press the accelerate to the floor ,this will cut off the fuel supple then try and start let crank 10seconds at a time
as not to overheat the starter motor .when you feel it starting keep your foot to the floor then slowly let off ,you will feel it start yo even out
Should start and run then when you are at idle let me know how she runs ,stalls idles high .
Check engine light come on when running .

Greg