Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Nissan

Hi, have a Nissan nv200 1.5 dci se 2010 van bought 1 month

ago with 32000 on the... Show More
ago with 32000 on the clock, a couple of days ago engine management light came on after the the fuel warning light came on thought it was odd but engine light went off as soon as i put a bit of fuel in it, this morning filled the van with fuel a couple of minutes later van had a loss of power followed by red engine light coming on and staying on for rest of journey home which was done at a top speed of 40mph due to lack of power and revs... just need an idea of what i could be dealing with before i phone the company i got the van from.?

Category: Nissan
Show Less
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
replied 3 years ago.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am happy to wait a little longer for expert opinion.

thanks.

Shantal-Mod, Moderator replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this -

Can I just ask you - to be sure.. have you had any plug in diag tests at all ? and if so, the results of that?

Too - please if you can, give me the Full reg number..

Kind Rgds - MIKE................................
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

No diagnostic check as of yet, booked in with garage this thursday am

Reg # XXXXX CJZ.

Regards,

Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply -

Im afraid i only just had that due to how my shifts fell so Im sorry about that ..

With this situation you have here , Im afraid its not possible to say exactly what the fault will be at this stage with a degree of certainty - you have done the right thing in arranging a plug in diag test - because the light that is on, is telling you that the main Ecu / computer has logged the fault whatever it is, in its fault memory. Given the ;loss of power - it has also invoked whats called Safe Mode - or Limp Home Mode... this it does to protect the systems while you drive it home - or to a garage.

So thats whats going on - and as to why, you will find that out when the fault codes are retrieved on the plug in test. There are literally hundreds of these codes that can be stored so you cannot guess Im afraid - you have to have that test done to progress with this.

Basic checks should be / can be done first though - checking for any loose / ill fitting pipes - turbo pipes - small bore pipes - electrical connectors to sensors and so on - as anything like that will cause what you have.

Bigger - and common faults with this model inc fuel injector issues - pump faults - turbo faults etc... but again, if you find nothing amiss on the basic checks as above - the diag test will give the fault code/ s - that will direct you directly to the cause of your faults - and that is the way forward on this one now. Let me know how you get on, Im always happy to help more if needed - Make the checks as above though first , then go from there as / if needed -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks,

Will let you know.

No problem at all..

Im very glad to have helped - by all means let me know if you need anything else / how it goes...

You are Welcome back anytime too -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..