Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289
Nissan

My 2004 Nissan Micra has a worn timing chain according to electrical

mechanic, he said hes fixed... Show More
mechanic, he said hes fixed electrical issues and is charging me about 200 euro. Mechanic prior to him changed sensor but car still just stopped on road day later. This guy who seems honest says its working but wont start when cold. Hes going to pass it on to other mechanic to sort timing chain. Im cash strapped at moment, dont want to fall out with mechanics because I know no others and wondedring would it be best to sell it and save for other car in future. How much would I get for a 2004 micra having these problems? Please even a guess would suffice because I dont want to be ripped off when selling it. Would it be worth holding out and get it fixed. Im just fed up and afraid Ill have contiuous problems with it. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Show Less
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

How many miles does the car have?

Do you know which sensor the mechanic before changed?

What sort of electrical issues was wrong with it?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I dont know the mileage but from what mechanic said, its a lot but he also said its a good car. The number 93000 rings a bell with me when talking to him so that could be mileage. The sensor was changed, thats all I know and the second guy did some work but havent a clue what. I will ask him though because the damn thing still isnt fixed and going to cost 200 euro. Cant contact him now so any information you can give me regarding how much I might get for it would be helpful. I cant give any more than 15 euro towards this, so hope I dont have to pay for your next informative reply. Sincerely yours, fed up.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Original expert is offline. Just need an answer as soon as possible
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician replied 3 years ago.

Hi..so sorry for delay got called out to a breakdown there..

Ok.. Well timing chains aren't that uncommon for going on these petrol and they tend to stretch due to the poor quality of the timing chain unfortunatly this does involve to whole timing kit that needed to sort this so wont be a cheap job to carry out..so something to bear in mind before anything is replaced... As a rough estimate on the the problems you mention then id say 1000-1300euro but that's an rough estimate although you should be willing to sacrifice a little money in order to sell it..one option maybe to use the car as it stands now as a trade in against another maybe something to consider too..I do hope this helps.if you need to ask anything else before you rate then just continue...