Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Year 2000 Primera. My central locking is jammed and

Customer Question

I have a Year 2000 Primera. My central locking is jammed and I am locked out of my car. My remote control fob doesn't work, and I bought the car second hand so never tried to use the key manually as it worked the ignition perfectly but it seems the wrong key as it wont open the door or boot manually.This happened once before a couple of months ago, and in the end I had to break the driver's side window and put the key in the ignition which 'broke' the steering lock and made it driveable. Because the transposer worked again, I thought it was just a blip, especially as I was parked in an underground car park at the time and an AA operative checked the key was working). Can I get a replacement key for the model to open the car if I have the registration number? I can't keep paying out £100+ to replace the side window. Or is there anything else I can do
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please continue trying to find an expert

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, Nissan expert here.

Sorry for the wait.

If the key turns in the ignition it should most certainly work in the door lock cylinder, these are keyed the same. If no then you may want to try some PBlaster sprayed into the key lock on the door to free any rust up if it is froze.

As far as getting a new key is concerned you can order a new key from the dealer by your VIN. This key will then be registered to the vehicle and work in the ignition also.

The other option is to just have the ignition key copied anywhere that makes keys. It WILL NOT work in the ignition because it won't be an RFID key that's registered, but will work fine on the door.

Let me know how else I can help. I would be glad to continue assisting you.