indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

engine management light is on . Nissan Primera 1.6 petrol .

Customer Question

engine management light is on . Nissan Primera 1.6 petrol . type p11 . year 2000.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

If the management light is on then you have a malfunction with some of the sensors .

What i suggest you do before someone says oh change this and that, then end up with the same problem, is to visit your local garage or dealer and have the system checked for malfunction codes .

Here is what one should do when the light comes ON when the engine is running , (automatic MOT failure when light is ON when the engine is running) .

The check engine light is yellow, meaning you don't have a great problem, this comes on when the management system (ECM), encounters a malfunction within the engine and transmission system.

Unless you have noticed the engine is misfiring,which means this should be checked asap due to the fact a misfiring engine will damage the catalytic converter's.

Now if the engine is running well ,then you don't have to get to the garage asap but when you have the time.

What i suggest you do is find a good local garage that has a diagnostic scan tool (shops computer engine tester).

Once the scan tool is connected it will be able to read a stored code or codes
(A code will be stored due to a malfunction of a part or sensor, it will turn the light ON)

The found code or codes will let you know what has malfunctioned and the testing technician will then let you know what has to be done to repair this issue .

Once the repair has been done the the codes will have to be cleared, which will switch off the check engine light, if the repair has been done correctly then the check engine light should stay off.

Once you have the codes then you will know what has to be changed and repaired
to get your car running correctly .

The exhaust will have to be repaired ,if the hole is before the first lamda sensor then this may just be you problem as it will give the sensor the wrong information .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Need further assistance then please get back to me.
Kindest regards Greg