Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Where is the washer pump in my 51 reg Almera hatchback?

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The washer pump motor will be located on the lower base of the windscreen washer fluid tank..if i recall that will be on the drivers side within the engine bay/just behind the front bumper drivers side corner area..so ideally the only way to gain access to that would be to remove the tyre on that side and remove the inner liner.you then should be able to see the washer bottle and the pump motor fitted into it with a multiplug connector on the top ..i do hope this helps..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply; it confirms that this repair is beyond my expertise / tools available...I've just had a thought...maybe my neighbour has the kit. Thanks again. JB (-:

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there..

Ok..thats fine..like i say the washer pump motor itself will be on the base of the washer fluid tank..so as above you would just need to remove the tyre to get better room to work in then just remove or partially remove the plastic inner liner so you can in behind the drivers side corner of the bumper as this is where the washer tank sits in and you should the see the small washer pump just fitted into the tnak as it just a pull and push fitment making sure the rubber seal gromit around the pump is seated proper when refitting....However if you need any more advice or questions to ask then just ask me anytime and i'll try my best to help..Ps please dont forget to rate my answer as above .always very much appreciated..regards Robert..