indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

hi i have a nissan primastar 1.9 dci 2003 iam having problems

Customer Question

hi i have a nissan primastar 1.9 dci 2003 iam having problems with my power steering fluid bubbling out of the reservoir when wheels are still and when you take the cap of with the engine running and turn the wheels it splerts out more
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.

Hi .

If the rack and pump is new then the most important part was missed out , the fluid bottle ?

This fluid bottle has a internal filter and if this is blocked / restricted then this will happen .

Replace the fluid bottle .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi i have just rang nissan to order a reservior and asked the question about the internal filter and they said there is not one in there

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Strange as i know they have a screen type filter in them .

Remove your bottle and with a bowl pour fluid into the top and see how fast the flow of fluid is , you will have to block the return hole with your finger when checking .

If no restriction the fluid should come out as fast as you pour it in.

do this then get back to me .

Rgards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi i have had the reservoir off yesturday and you can see straight through the bottom there is defo no filter in mine it is booked in a nissan now i have lost interest in it its been off the road since november now

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Okay mike wish you all the best .

Rgds Greg.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're okay with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!