indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

My pathfinder cuts out when i put my foot down and goes into

Customer Question

My pathfinder cuts out when i put my foot down and goes into creep mode , there are no warning lights on at all and when i turn off the engine and turn on again all is ok ,it only happens when you need that extra speed to over take or pull out.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Yes i agree with your garage, this sounds like a fuel starvation issue , i would first
replace the fuel filter and then retry (this you could do, if you want)
Then if you still have the same problem have the fuel pressure tested .

If not with in spec's replace .should have 51psi at idle

You said there are no warning lights ON when the engine is running , have the system checked for codes anyway some codes will store without setting the warning light ON .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg

This problem only started after a service with the dealer they then replaced the fuel filter with a original part it then settled down for a while ,it only ever did it after a service then settles down it has gone nearly three months without cutting out but has started doing it again, can the pump be repaired or is there a service exchange or would you risk a secondhand one ,the figure the dealer has quoted is frightening.

Regards Colin

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Colin .

Use a new pum but just a pump not the complete fuel pump module they try to sell you .

The fuel pump module can be removed opened up and the pump in the model replaced ,

Here you can get the pumps foe far less than the dealer , EbayUK and look for nissan parthfinder fuel pumps and you will see used and new pumps .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg