Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

qashqai - When I get to about 2000 revs and about to change

Customer Question

qashqai - When I get to about 2000 revs and about to change up I can hear a blow of air inside the cab
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes please continue with your search as we are hopefully using the car for a holiday next weekend

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, thanks for using justanswer.

My name is Jake and I'll be happy to assist you.

Is the vehicle running ok? When you hear this noise?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the car seems fine apart from the noise
Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, is more like air coming out if a tire sound? Or more if a whining/whistling sound?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it sounds like a rush of air from a tyre
Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Well that is peculiar indeed. The transmission has a vent but there is no significant vacuum or air pressure associated with transmission shifting.

The noise your hearing is the blow off valve from the turbo system as it recirculates into the I take tract.

If the noise seems significantly louder than your used to hearing then you want to check for a leak at the recirculation tube as its likely venting which makes it significantly louder.