Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0444
EVAP Purge Control Circuit No Signal
Features of the Circuit
The evaporative emission (EVAP) system comprises the following components:
Any of the above conditions can set DTC P0444.
Time for setting the DTC
Task boosted after DTC sets
When will DTC clear?
1) When the canister purge solenoid circuit is in an open condition.
1) The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will glow after three successive trips with a fail.
1) The MIL will turn off after four consecutive ignition cycles in which the diagnostic runs without a fault.
2) The ECM will begin to store conditions which were present when the DTC failed.
2) Disconnecting the ECM battery feed for 10 seconds
3) This information will be recorded in the Freeze Frame buffering Failure Records.
3) The scan tool can be used to remove all existing DTCs.
4) A history DTC will be stored.
4) A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles without a fault.
Although this DTC is considered a kind of type. A diagnostic, it acts like a type B diagnostic under certain conditions. Whenever this diagnostic indicates the system has passed, or if the battery is disconnected, the diagnostic must fail twice before setting a DTC. The initial failure is not reported to the diagnostic executive or displayed on a scan tool. A passing system always reports to the diagnostic executive immediately.
Under this circumstance check for the following conditions :
STEPS TO JUDGE A DTC
DTC P0444 - EVAP Purge Control Circuit No Signal
Perform EOBD System Check.
Look up Step 2
Look up "On-Board Diagnostic System Check"
Can you see the test light ON?
Look up Step 3
Look up Step 5
Look up Step 4
Look up Step 6
The system of your vehicle is fine
Look up Step 7
1) Unset all DTCs taking a Scan Tool.
2) Start the engine and idle at normal operating temperature.
3) Operate the vehicle within the specified conditions for setting this DTC
Do you see the scan tool confirming that this diagnostic has been operated and the test passed?
Look up Step 8
Check if any additional DTCs are set.
Are any DTCs displayed that have not been diagnosed?
Look up Applicable DTC table