Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert

hi...I have a 2004 2.2dci xtrail,my radio/cd player has no

Customer Question

hi...I have a 2004 2.2dci xtrail,my radio/cd player has no power getting to it.i have checked all fuses and wires,i have noticed that when I place it onto the holding pins and replace the screws that there is no longer a little spark that you normally screw in the first screw.
could you advise me as to what the problem could be?????
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes im ok with that, as I said in my original message, the connection

spark that I usually get when I install the radio is gone and presume this is part of the problem. I have checked all the fuses and wires and am baffled! !!!

Thank you for providing more information. I will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE...

Please give me the vehicles Full reg number...

Also - how did this come about exactly ? How did it fail ?

Please also tell me exactly which fuses you have checked -

Rgds, MIKE...........................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago. in Ireland so my reg is off no benefit to you, the radio quite literally wouldnt turn on one morning, since installing it from day one it would save no memory from ignition so I had it wired to battery.there is usually a spark giving out when I screw it to the dash but this has stopped, is it possibly an earth wire fault???

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again..

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you - Im afraid I have had system problems meaning I couldn't get back to anyone at all until now -

Okay... in that case you need to check the wiring to the set to see if you have an actual battery / power reading -As you have wired it as you have - you will know which wire to do that... If you have power to the connector, its possible the set has lost its earth - in which case yes, check that -- You can run in a temp earth if needed to check / qualify that.

If you dont have power - check the connections to be sure - and the wire along its length - to see if it may have chaffed / broken along the line..
Too - I don't know if you put an in line fuse in ..if you did - check that...and check the connections - without proper crimp connectors, they are known to give such troubles - after time with vibrations etc.

If you do have power and the earth is ok, then its a set fault.

Some have a fuse inside on the circuit board that sometimes blows - so you could open it up and check on that ... Other than that - or if you change it (or an in line fuse ) and it blows again, then the set must have gone faulty. Let me know how you go - but thats the way to check this one through -

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.