Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

the two windows on near side will go down on door buttons but

Customer Question

the two windows on near side will go down on door buttons but will only come up again on drivers door buttons
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes pleas will you continue looking for me

many thanks

peter

Hello Peter,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Peter,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes please as you are finding it very hard to find someone able to help . I think I will call it a day

thanks peter.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.

Peter, I am sorry you had such a delay in finding an expert.

I think the only reason it's taken so long is because of the wording causing some slight confusion.

Let me see if I understand properly.

BOTH drivers side windows will go down from their corresponding switches? but the rear drivers door will only come up from the drivers switch? Is this correct?

let me know, so we can get you fixed up.

Regards, Jake.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jake

no the problem is the near side passenger front and rear windows that have the problem, is they both go down on the button but will only go back up again when the master button on drivers side is pressed. hope this helps.

regards peter

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the clarification Peter.

In regards to your condition, it really sounds like the switch on the passengers side is the likely culprit.

The motors themselves only have a simple 2 wire connection that switch 12v depending on switch location. To verify this you want to take a voltmeter and access the motor connection. Here you can test for power at the motor when pressing each switch in the up position.

Hope this helps, thanks.