dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

I have a Nissan Note. 6 years old or so. Good order. Fully

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Note. 6 years old or so. Good order. Fully serviced by Evans Halshaw at end of May. Mot 2 weeks ago. Good order mechanically. Full of petrol. Came home last night and parked in drive . No problems. This morning it will not start. Starter motor Ok and turns engine over robustly. Normally fires up straight away. Don't think its fuel starvation or anything mechanical. It there some sort of automatic cut out which may have been activated overnight for some reason? Your help much appreciated. Thankyou
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for response. OK to wait a little longer. Gone to work by train!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

Things you can try before spending money are

Disconnect battery wait 15 mins then re-start

Check all fuses especially fuel pump fuse

If you can try a bump start if you have a group of people to give a push?

I have seen this on a micra before and it happened to be the keys that needed to be programmed as the immobilizer is stuck on

Do you get any lights on the dash that are not usually their?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou for your help. It transpires that it was indeed a fuel pump fault. Perhaps a blockage. Anyway a tap with a hammer on the outside of the petrol tank did the trick. Thanks again although I think it took rather to long

I am Happy you managed to solve your solution for minimal money.. indeed the next steps I would have got you to do were to check fuel and spark...

Many Thanks For your question