Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

My 5 year old micras wipers have stopped working. A mechanic

Customer Question

My 5 year old micra's wipers have stopped working. A mechanic has looked at it and one of the arm's keeps popping out. Apparently you cannot replace just one arm or one brush, you have to replace the whole system at the cost of £175 plus £40 for fitting. This is not an old car and my previous micra of 7 years old never had this trouble, in fact none of my car owning friends have had this trouble including one owner of a 15 year old micra. Is this a common fault, or plain shoddy goods?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..sorry for the delay..

This isn't an uncommon problem with the k12 micra's they do have weak wiper linkages and its not to uncommon to see this happen.if I assume this the linkage arms disconnecting then it usually the plastic ball socket ends that cause this and fall off general wear in most case or the type of plastic is the issue or stress cracks at the joints due to using wipers to clear snow from the windscreen can cause this too and allow the linkage arm to pop off.. unfortunately it does require a whole linkage assembly to be fitted to rectify that problem im afraid..there are upgraded linkages out there..push rod set - so maybe have look at this site http://www.wipex.co.uk/index.htm via the menu..or look up ebay etc and you may find them there..but like I say not to uncommon for that to happen..i do hope this helps

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you

Meanwhile, it appears that you have posted two identical questions. I have closed the duplicate question page and there will be no charge for the duplicate question. You can view your original question page here:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/nissan/7ukd3-year-old-micra-s-wipers-stopped-working-mechanic.html

You will be able to make as many replies and ask as many followup questions as are necessary of your Expert in order to receive a satisfactory Answer. Please use the reply button when responding to the Expert until you receive a satisfactory answer.

Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.